Buyer Value Option
The Buyer Value Option “BVO” program is the most widely used relocation HomeSale program in the USA. This cost-effective program allows fair market value to establish the home’s value and provides financial benefits to both your company and transferring employee.
With a Buyer Value Option, the Employer is invoiced for the costs associated with the home sale transaction, allowing the client company to cover the closing costs as normal operating costs, rather than a payroll expense.
The Buyer Value Option is a tremendous cost saving solution in several ways:
- Saves program costs for Employer (lowest cost HomeSale program type available)
- The Buyer Value Option program allows for increased productivity for Employee who isn’t required to be present at closing (no travel cost / no time away from job)
- Saves payroll taxes for Employer (social security, etc.)
- Saves income taxes for Employee (unearned income adding to gross wages, FICA, etc.)
- The BVO program saves gross-up