Due to growth, we are looking for an exceptional person to add to our staff. This person can office at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA or work remotely from a home office within the USA.
MoveCenter’s Relocation Consultants are available to clients and transferees outside standard office hours. This requires working beyond a standard work week throughout the year with more hours during peak busy seasons, which may or may not fall during Summer, depending on your assigned clients’ program needs.
We need a caring individual who enjoys being the Single Point of Contact responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from working with your clients providing policy consulting and writing, to coordinating all policy benefits and helping transferees during stressful circumstances. A deep desire to help them, using your excellent customer service skills, is paramount. You need to be self-motivated, highly organized and have a keen sense of priorities and time-management.
Below is a sample list of tasks a Relocation Consultant may perform:
- Manage a caseload of assigned clients and their transferring employees. Maintain the corporate relationship as their Single Point of Contact from MoveCenter.
- Prepare cost estimates as requested.
- Active files may include a mix of managed lump sums, renters, home owners and international assignments or permanent transfers.
- Review, manage, and explain client relocation policies, procedures and benefits to transferees to guarantee compliance.
- Assess transferee needs and provide concierge services and resources to meet their needs.
- Maintain contact with suppliers such as real estate agents, household goods moving companies, corporate housing providers, etc. to help facilitate relocations. Monitor progress and assure client and transferee’s satisfaction with services.
- Project a professional image through extensive phone and e-mail contact with clients, transferees and suppliers.
- Update the web-based technology system with relevant information about the transferee and their move.
- Liaise with other internal departments to process the needs of the transferees and client billing.
- Perform the first of several audits of invoices and expense reports ensuring accuracy and policy compliance.
- Prepare reports for clients.
- Assist with escalation resolution both internally and externally.
- Provide clients policy consulting and writing as needed.
- Maintain some knowledge of IRS rules and regulations regarding relocation.
- Understand and meet all services level agreements.
- Ability to travel and meet with clients in person if requested. Eagerness to become familiar with frequent points of destination in order to act as an extension of their recruiting efforts when speaking with job candidates.
- Infrequent participation in the sales process via phone with travel to attend best and final presentations as needed. (typically 0-2 overnight trips a year until your workload is maxed out.)
- Other duties as required
- CRP and GMS designations from the Employee Relocation Council.
- MS Office and MoveTrack by Ineo proficiency.
- Valid Real Estate license.
- Home office / remote working experience.
- Bachelor’s degree; however, related experience in relocation will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, listening and customer-service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and accurately while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Professional demeanor in all areas (e-mail, phone, in person).
- Talent for reassuring stressed transferees in an effective calming manner.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at a RMC.
- Experienced with home sale programs (BVO, AVO, GBO) including U.S appraisal and inspection process.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.